At the outset, I would like to wish all my readers a very happy and blessed 2010!
I know I have been away for a little longer than expected. All of a sudden, I didn't have much time for something I enjoyed so much. 😊 My laptop had also given up on me and developed all kinds of technical problems — another reason for my little blogging break!
I will surely continue posting recipes whenever I get the time.
About this recipe
Sri Lanka Chicken — I have no idea why this recipe has this name! 😊 I learnt this recipe from my friend Naveen, who is well known for making it.
It is a delicious and spicy chicken preparation that goes especially well with chapathis, rotis or rice.
Ingredients
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Black pepper – 4 tsp
- Jeera (cumin) – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 2½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Onions – 4, sliced
- Garlic – 10 cloves, finely chopped
- Cloves – 5
- Cinnamon – 2-inch piece
- Oil or butter – as required
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Method
Make a fine powder of the pepper and jeera and keep aside.
Wash and clean the chicken. Marinate it with 1 tablespoon of vinegar and set aside for 30 minutes.
Mix the pepper-jeera powder with the chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
Rub this spice mixture well into the chicken. Set aside for another 15 minutes.
Cook the marinated chicken in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
Heat oil or butter in a pan. Add the cloves and cinnamon.
Once they become aromatic, add the sliced onions and chopped garlic. Sauté until the onions turn translucent.
Add the cooked chicken and fry until the chicken reaches your desired consistency and the masala coats the pieces well.
Serve hot with chapathis, rotis or rice.
Tip
Since both pepper and chilli powder are used in this recipe, adjust the spice level according to your preference.
Cooking time: 30 minutes (excluding marination)
Serves: 5

Preethi i am sooooo glad you're back!!! was missing this...Sonu
ReplyDelete